You know those words, right? The ones you never ever want to hear?
Well- Last week I heard them.
Abby, Logan and 2 friends, Allie and Hunter Lindsey, went bike riding. They decided to go down by the church and ride. They've done it several times and they've been just fine.
They were cruising down a slight hill and didn't stop at the stop sign. Abby went through just fine. Logan was behind her and got hit. Hunter immediately came back to the house to tell me and at first I thought, "Ya, Right..." Then he said--- I'm serious. Logan was hit by a car and he's hurt.
My stomach dropped. My heart dropped. I immediately grabbed my keys, purse and whatever else and got in the van and left. I thought the absolute worst. He's dead. He's cracked his head. Will life flight come? Breathe Breathe........
I got to the accident site about a block away. (37th and Madison) and saw Logan sitting up on the curb. PHEW! BIG DEEP BREATH NOW. It would be okay.
Not only 2 minutes later 2 ambulances pulled up.
Then 4 cop cars!
Here's a picture of the bike. You can see where the pedal scratched the front bumper of the car.
Logan was okay. Obviously shaken- scared and all of that. He had some road rash on his shoulder, and on his arm. We didn't have him go to the hospital... we just observed him and he was doing fine later that night.
The family that hit him said that Logan didn't stop at all at the stop sign and they admitted they weren't really watching the road. So it was an error on both sides. We are not pressing charges or anything. They did offer to buy him a new bike but we declined. They were very shaken up about it.
You can bet that we've had a lot of talks about the importance of wearing your helmet (which he was NOT wearing) and the importance of stopping at stop signs.
WOW. What an emotional day. We were all so shook up that we decided to go to ice cream for dinner. :)




1 comment:
Scary. I'm so glad he's OK!
Post a Comment