Jared's Mom Dixie- passed away yesterday at the age of 70. She was truly a unique lady. I will honestly miss her, her good advice and the good example she was to our kids. Yesterday after I found out about her passing, I went to Relief Society. As I sat during the lesson, I thought about Dixie and I thought about how much Dixie loved to give. She gave everything she could to help her kids, her neighbors and anyone who needed a helping hand. She listened and obeyed the Spirit and knew her Scriptures well. She was a hard worker and someone who loved her family. She also gave me a very special gift-- and that is her last son Jared. I am so blessed to have Jared in my life.
I can honestly say that even though Dixie and I had a spat here and there, I will truly miss this wonderful lady. I will miss the twinkle in her eye and her love for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know she is out of pain and suffering and that she is happy. I love you, Dixie.
6 comments:
Shannon, that was sweet. I really like that picture of Dixie. Really, there is never a good time to lose a loved one. I am so sorry.
Shannon,
We heard about Dixie on Sunday. We want you to know we are thinking of you guys. Let us know if you need anything!
Leland and Jenny
I was so sorry to hear about your MIL. Let me know if you need anything.
I am sorry to hear about Dixie. The opportunity I did have to meet her at your wedding was great. She seemed to be full of life. My prayers are with you and Jared and his family.
Thinking of you and your family. Hoping you all rely on each other and find comfort together. You Allens are an amazing family.
I'm sorry for this loss your your family. It can be a challenging, yet spiritual time. Give Jared my condolences.
Post a Comment