Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend in St. George

What a fun weekend for me! It started early Saturday morning at 4 am when my alarm went off. At 4:35 am my Dad and I left to go to pick up the radio guy and the owner of St. George Running Store. We then headed up to the start of the marathon. It was raining. There was several people in garbage sacks keeping water off themselves. Huge fires were there to warm the 5500 runners. I stayed near the starting line.... it was cool to watch the wheelchair people get ready to take off. Most of them were handcrank chairs. It was seriously inspiring. The excitment at the start of the race is something you can't describe unless you are there. It's amazing. After the race, yes, it rained the whole time. I can't even imagine how soaked those runners feet were. The boys in the family went golfing. The kids had a babysitter and the girls went to eat at Olive Garden!!


Then we went to this movie! Total chick flick- but totally good! So sweet and tender. I still can't believe that Richard Gere is 61 years old. He does a great job in this movie.
Later that night, after dinner and the Priesthood session, I enjoyed watched the family play the Wii. I was so pooped, I layed on the couch and watched.

Sunday- we watched General Conference, visited with a 2nd cousin (Heather) who ran the marathon and was visiting Grandma. Then we had lunch and watched the last session of conference. What a great weekend. It went way to fast.... but I really loved spending time with the Stapley's. Love ya all!



3 comments:

Jason+Lindi said...

OH! How divine, Marathons + Conference + family!! What a great weekend. Also congrats on the new job that sounds spectacular!

Colby & Brenda said...

I saw Brad, forgot to have him tell you hello... sorry. glad you had fun at the race. colby and i went to that movie too. it was great. we also enjoyed it. what's up with the new job?

Teresa said...

I wish that I could have heard more of conference, but we were driving across the country. We are staying with my folks in Farr West. I am sure I'll see you around sometime, maybe we should get together for lunch or something. How fun to spend the day in the rain, oh wait, we should be use to that after spending time in MS.