Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Jared's New Job!

So- I've been avoiding writing about our little situation because I was upset and depressed....but it's all okay now- so I can share with you the story of Jared's new job.
About 2 weeks ago, Jared called me on his way home from work. He asked how I was and I was really frazzled. Logan had thrown a fit while walking to pick up Abby from school and I had hundreds of people staring at me like I was some bad Mom. It didnt help that Logan was screaming STOP Mom- That hurts! Oh nice.
So I was telling Jared that I was a bit embarressed and that I had had a rough day. Jared said, well do you want something more to add to your rough day? Sure was all I could say. What can top it? Jared then said- I was laid off. I said, ya right good one- whatever. He said, No- I am seriousl. I really was laid off. He proceeded to tell me that sales in general were low for Bowl Games of America and that since he was low man on the totem pole- he had to go. They didnt offer severence, insurance for the rest of the month anything. Just done. AND- they wouldnt even let him walk back to his desk. It was against company policy. I was shocked, then ticked off, and then completely annoyed. Jared had no idea this was coming. It was completely out of the blue. When Jared got home that night, he had to immediately teach voice lessons at our house- so I didnt get a chance to talk to him until 9:00pm. WOW.
So the next day was a Wednesday and I decided that I would take that day to have a little pity party for myself and for our family--- and then by Thursday I would be over it.
On Wednesday's Jared teaches a choir class at the Boys and Girls Club in Roy. He was talking with the director of the Roy center and he said- Go talk with the Executive Director. She'll find something for you. Jared also had some big wigs watch him teach his choir class and they were impressed with how well Jared could keep the kids under control.
Anyway- so on Thursday- I got on the computer- started looking under Unemployment and trying to find something to help us while we figured something out. Jared started looking for jobs and called the Executive Director of Boys and Girls Club and set up an appointment with her for Friday. We kept looking for jobs all day- got newspapers- searched the internet- etc.
Friday Jared went and spoke with the Executive Director of Boys and Girls Clubs for Weber and Davis Counties.... and she said she loved what Jared was doing with the kids and wanted to offer him a job of being the Musical Director for the Boys and Girls Clubs for Weber and Davis Counties. Basically- Jared needed to write up a proposal of what he would do and how he would help the kids... and then of what he wanted to get paid. AND- the cool thing is that She wanted Jared to perform anywhere and everywhere he could. Because people will see Jared and then start to realize that he works for Boys/Girls Clubs and then they will want to join the clubs.....

So- what started out to be a huge mess ended up to be a bigger blessing that we could have ever imagined. Jared's hours are flexible, he can work with the kids at the Clubs, he will have more time to spend with our kids, PLUS he will be able to perform like crazy which is something he loves anyway!

8 comments:

Emily said...

I am so glad that it all worked out! Wonderful miracles in your life.
I hope things continue to get better and better!

Momzoo said...

What a great story.

Colby & Brenda said...

congratulations. sounds like it's all working out. sometimes blessings come in disguise, eh??

Spring Jones said...

The new job sounds absolutely wonderful and I know Jared will do a fantastic job! It is so nice to know that even when we don't realize it our Father in HEaven is looking out for us!

Lorena said...

Oh Wow! How wonderful is that? Isn't it amazing how we are cared for and watched after? Would this job ever happened if he hadn't been laid off? NO! Love it!

Christa said...

I am glad to hear that things have worked out. Congratulations!

Beth said...

Phew! What a blessing. When you do your part Hevenly Father ALWAYS pulls through! Thanks for sharing.

Charlotte Varble said...

Congrats! I am with ya sister. It always seems to turn out for the better, even though at the time it's impossible to see. What a great job for Jared. He'll do so good at it!