It is truly a beautiful morning here in Northern Utah. The air is crisp, the leaves are falling and the cold feeling on my feet when they teach the cold floor reminds me of fall and winter! I love this time of year.
Our lesson in Relief Society was on Counting Our Blessings- and I think the lesson was just for me. I always seem to think of the negative things that are going on in my life, but I need to focus on the positive and remember that we are blessed.
For Example-
Our furnace died. The blessings are that a fire didn't start, no carbon monoxide in the air and we are surviving with space heaters.
Messy House. The blessing is that we have a home, shelter and a place to rest our weary heads.
Kids up at night. The blessing is............... I am still trying to figure out what the blessing is of having our kids wake up in the middle of the night screaming.
I need to remind myself and start teaching my kids that we have SO many blessings and we need to remember each and every one of them.
I consider all of you who read this a blessing in my life because you have influenced me in one way or another and I love you all for that!
4 comments:
Nice. I hope my influence on ya has been fairly decent! hee hee. Caffeine, the good Dr.P, you know...stuff. ;)
I love you Sweety! Thanks for the blog updates! Loves!
You are a wonderful influence on me. And now, I will think more on the blessings we have been given instead of the negatives. I can think of a blessing..... you are my cousin. !!! lucky me!!!
A Blessing for kids up at night? At least you know where they are! (-:
I am seriously racking my brain trying to figure out the blessing of having kids up in the night. I guess the only blessing correlated with that is that . . . we have kids . . . they are the blessing.
Post a Comment