Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Blue and Gold 2015

I got the crazy idea to do a Western Themed Blue and Gold from a blog called Nothing But Country.

She is fabulous!   I've been planning this for almost a year now and I'm so happy that it came out just how I had hoped.    We set the tables up into a wagon wheel shape because we planned to feed 120 people.  



This was the SPOKE of the wagon wheel.  The centerpiece.    Rootbeer floats and cookies went on this after dinner!

The boys made stick horses out of PVC pipe and paper bags.  We had horse races that the boys loved.  We raced in Wolves, Bears and Webelos and then a 5 and younger, a 6-12 race and a 12 and up.   I think this was the highlight of the whole thing!


The entryway into the gym. 

Chip Station

Salads

Buns and Baked Beans.

A guy in our ward brought his saddles for us to display.

Food Tables
A wonderful friend borrowed this from a house she is housesitting!   Absolutely perfect.   (The original cost on this bad boy was $329 and then had it on clearance at RC Wiley for $29

Up on the stage

Stage Shot
The boys made wanted posters and we displayed them on the walls of the gym.   It looked so good!

Watering Hole!


Another Stage Shot
This is my Logan's wanted posters.   The creativity of the boys was out of this world!
 Napkin Rolling
 Sis Larkin and Sister Allen
 Brother Ware gets into rolling the silverware.   He cleans up alright too!
 So does Sister Gull and Sister Calder


Bishop Gull is pleasantly surprised at how awesome this event was!

 Our True Cowboy!    Brother Parkin
 The Chapples


 Nada and Elia - Roundtable Commissioners!
 Sister Gull
 Sister Hansen

Overall- it was such a fun event.   I hope that the Cub Scouts of Packs 167 and 24 know how special they reallly are!    Go Cub Scouts!

3 comments:

JulieBelle said...

This is amazing! You are incredible. Now take a year off and relax.

Chantel said...

Looks amazing!!!

Chad and Mary Beth @ Nothing But Country said...

You did a great job!!! I loved seeing your Blue and Gold. This was one of our favorite ones ever and I am thrilled that you took the idea for a spin and created something fabulous with it. Great job!! Congrats!!

--Mary Beth
NothingButCountry.com