Saturday, November 15, 2014

Hives

About three weeks ago I had a tooth that was bugging me. So- after 3 years I finally went to the dentist.   I have a thing with going to the dentist.  I cannot stand the sound of the drill, the feeling of the metal instruments on my teeth and the smell. Oh boy the smell in a dentist office or when they are drilling on your teeth.  Yuck.    At the dentist office I discovered I needed a root canal. Not surprised because it's been 3 years.  The doctor gave me a script for Amoxil 875mg and I was to take it twice a day.  Three days later- I started itching.  It started on my palms, then went to my bum cheeks, then my waist.   It was awful.i took BENADRYL and that helped ease the pain and then itch but it didn't take it away.  I found an old steroid in my leftover medicine and remembered that it helped me before so I took it.  It helped a lot.

The following week I went into have my root canal. I had shots and numbing agents. Two and a half hours later- I came out.   Two days later HIVES again!    Grrrr.  I called a friend who is a doctor and she called me in another steroid. I took the whole thing and it got better.  One day in the middle- it got so bad that my head had a rash all over the whole thing.  I couldn't even touch my head without it hurting.  My ears were covered in a rash and my waistline and legs were covered.     I took my medicine and BENADRYL and it got better.  Last thursday I took my last pill.  And yesterday the blasted hives game back again!!!!

I took BENADRYL in the morning and I just dealt with it - then at about 530 last night I took a Benadryl and a Claritin and my lip started to swell and I was having a tough time breathing. Jared was at a rehearsal and so I called my neighbor and great friend- Jan Lyons and she took me to the ER at McKat Dee.  They immediately put me on oxygen and Jan and I were laughing that I looked like Angelina Jolie with my large lip.   They got me in a room and the doctor into see me.   He was baffled.  Nothing had changed in my everyday stuff. Nothing was new.  He said I should go see an allergist.  He put me on Prednisone and it took about an hour to get it to kick in and my lip to start going down.    So- it is what it is.  No news yet.  I'm going to find an allergist and see if he/she/they can help me figure this out.  I'm pretty much done

No comments: