Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cuffed and loaded....

So my cute hubby was driving to work in Utah yesterday.  He had stopped in Rawlins to get gas in the car and was just about to get on the freeway when he got pulled over.  He sent me a text saying he was only going 5-7 over.   After that text, I didnt hear from him.  I thought it was wierd... but kept about my day.   About 1/2 hour later, Cam (Jared's brother) called me and said- Where's Jared?  I said, well he's headed to Utah- last I talked to him he was pulled over in Rawlins.   Cam said- Uh, a buddy of mine just saw him get handcuffed and put in the back of a police car.   Mind you, yesterday was APRIL FOOL'S Day.  I was sure Cam was pulling a prank on me. 

Two and a half hours later-- I decide to call the Sheriff's office just to double check.   While trying to call- Jared left me a message.   He said he was in jail and that I needed to get down in Rawlins ASAP.


By the time I got down there I had the full story.  Apparently he didnt pay a ticket.  We didnt get a notice or anything.  They suspended his license.  So when he was pulled over, they were to take him in.  He had to get fingerprinted, mug shots, and sit in a cell.  Jared said- check my record- I never do anything like this.  But they were pretty brutal to him.   He got out on a $450 bond.  Then his car was impounded.  So thats why I had to go down and pay and sign for it. 

What a mess.
 

2 comments:

Chantel said...

Oh no!

Becca said...

That's totally lame! Later you'll laugh. I know you will.