Monday, March 12, 2012

Released

I was released from Young Women's yesterday.  It is such a bitter sweet thing. 
I've been serving in the Young Women's program for about a year.  I was the Laurel advisor and also the camp director.  I really really enjoyed it.  The girls were awesome and most of the leaders were awesome.  But there was one that I knew from the get go, didnt really care for me.  She didnt like my energy and she didnt like that I like to plan.
So after a year, she was tired of me- and I was released. 

At first, I was so sad.  Now- I'm over it and THRILLED to not be in YW anymore.
Only one of the YW said that they would miss me.  She is almost 18 and about to go out of Young Women's. 
This was her text to me...." Out of all my years being in young women you are the only one I have liked through the years!!! I will sincerely miss you in class and your fun lessons!!!!"

That's when I got really sad.   She will miss me.  She will miss my lessons.  I was the only one who would take the time to talk to her.  

Anyhow-- I enjoyed working in the YW and I'm sad that I'm not there....but man oh man... I'm relaxed, releaved and happy.  :)

1 comment:

Chantel said...

I'd be relieved. How could anyone not like you? You're awesome.