I
still can’t get over the fact that it’s 2012.
Where has the time gone? Jared
and I will be married 12 years this September and will have a 10 year old this
year. Definitely crazy.
We
had an awesome Christmas. Simple, yet
wonderful. For Christmas eve, we invited
our closest neighbors to come over for our Christmas Eve dinner. We enjoyed having the Price’s at our
house! We had a yummy dinner and
visited for quite a while. We read the
story of the birth of our savior and then everybody opened one present. It’s always pajama’s but I love that fun
tradition that we share! The kids were
so excited- they hardly slept. Jared and
I got to bed about 1 in the morning and at 4am- the kids were wide awake ready
to see if Santa came. All four kids were
wired! Jared said- we might as well get
up- we aren’t going to sleep anyway- so
we did. Santa brought each kid a brand
new bicycle! They were pretty excited! Abby got a new camera- Logan got a small
video camera, gracie got dolls and ethan got lots of cars. Plus they each got a book, clothes and some
other fun things. Then it was time for
church- so we got ready and went to church.
Jared sang in the ward choir- so it was me and the kiddo’s and they did
pretty well but Ethan was sure tired.
Ethan did see a member of our ward come in who happens to look just like
Santa- and said—Mom, Santa is at
church! Awesome! So cool to make it seem real- that Santa claus
really goes to church. J Ethan
was in high heaven. Believe it or not,
but we were all in bed on Christmas night at 7pm. Everyone was tuckered out!
We had
planned to go to St. George as a family a couple days after Christmas. On Tuesday, Jared was doing a case and the
plan was to leave after that case. I got
a text message from Jared saying he was not able to go. His bosses wanted him to stay in Casper. I was so mad.
But- I still wanted to go. So I loaded all the kids, and their stuff-
and we left for St George without Jared.
We drove and drove and drove and the kids were pretty good. We stopped a few times and kept on
trucking. I decided to go through Heber
City, Utah as it would save us a couple hours and then called my little sister
and she and her hubby Jake, met us at McDonald’s in Heber! It was so fun to see them. Then we went to Orem and found a hotel and
stayed the night. The kids couldn’t sleep
so- at 7am we were out of the hotel and on the road to St. George. We got to my parent’s house at 1030am.
The kids and I laughed as we saw people all
bundled up in their warm winter coats thinking it was freezing when it was 55
degrees. I told the kids we should have
taken our shorts and flip flops- it was summer weather to us!
We had so much fun with my side of the family. We hardly ever get to spend time with
them. The adults went to dinner one
night, all the grandkids had a sleep over at Grandma and Grandpa’s house, Aaron
& Lisa had little Livvy blessed and celebrated new years.
The kids and I made the long trek home. We left my parent’s house at 9am and decided
to go as far as we could without stopping to stay the night in a hotel. ELEVEN hours later- we were home! I was way exhausted and the kids did pretty
good—but
we made it home in one day.
I don’t think I will attempt that again- but it’s
nice to know I can do it. Here’s wishing
everyone an awesome 2012!
2 comments:
That sounds like a great trip.
The drive home sounds LONG. I drove with the kids once by myself and after I said I would never do it again, and already I am thinking about trips I might have to do solo. Such is life.
Wow. You did great driving all that way. I always make Brian drive.
Post a Comment