Wednesday, September 9, 2009

NINE years ago today....

Jared and I were sealed in the St. George temple for Time and all Eternity.
We had met 3 years earlier over the phone in the small town of Ruston Louisiana and I was as green as you can get as a missionary. Jared was my DL. (I know what you're thinking... but it was all good and clean... PROMISE!!) Jared was transferred to the coast of Mississippi and I followed a month later. Jared was transferred to a different area on the coast- and I followed to a month later. We saw each other at least once a month at zone meetings for 16 of my 18 months. We even flew home on the same day. Jared went to Tremonton, I went to St. George. We kept in touch- and I eventually moved to Provo. Jared invited me to come up to go to a Weber State Concert that he was performing at- and I attended at things just "clicked" between us. It was really odd at first. To be dating, "Elder Allen", But it felt right. We dated for about 4 months and decided to get married.
I'm so lucky to be married to my best friend! Jared is the best husband, friend, and example!! I've moved, cried, laughed, played, prayed, rejoiced, laughed, and enjoyed the journey!!!
I love ya babe!!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats! Nine years is a great accomplishment. I hope you guys have a great day together.

Chantel said...

So fun to hear about how you met. Happy Anniversary!!

Heidi-n-Scott said...

Super cute story!! :) Thanks for sharing. 80 years ago today, my great grandparents were married. They were only like 15 & 16 years old! And they've been together ever since. :) They both are still living in their own house: he still goes fishing, and neither one needs any assitance walking around or anything! They're amazing, and so cute together, even when they fight. haha
So hang in there! :) And congrats on being married for 9 yrs!

the Nielsen's said...

Congrats you two. I always love to hear people's love and devotion to their marriage. There just is not enough of it.

Jason+Lindi said...

Congrats!

Beth said...

Congrats you two! Loved reading your story knowing that I was there too!

Jan.lyons said...

Congrats! and they said it wouldn't last...

I just heard an ugly rumor that I do not want to believe...moving?