Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Naming a boy.....

I REALLY REALLY like the name Ethan for a boy. But I don't know how I feel if I name my little boy Ethan Allen. What do you think? Yeah or neigh. Seriously- I need some advice!!
Ethan Thedore Allen

11 comments:

Brett said...

Ethan Allen does work. However, he'll get made fun of eventually. So you have to ask yourself if it's worth it.

Megan said...

Maybe you could use Ethan as the middle name. Or name him Ethan (middle name here) Allen and call him by his middle name....

Heidi-n-Scott said...

I love it!
Heidi

Stacey said...

I knew an Ethan Allen and I don't think he got made fun of too much. I don't see the commercials on anymore like they used to be. Plus there are some really weird names out there now so I don't think Ethan is going to be a big deal. I think it's an adorable name. Now, help us with girl names.

The Brown Family said...

I love tne name Ethan. I don't think he will get teased. My best friend loved the name Sarah (her last name is Lee) so she was worried about the name. She is 10 now and has not gotten teased.

Jason+Lindi said...

I don't think that kids are that smart, elementary aged kids wouldn't know the name a a furniture store. Junior high kids can think of much better (yah-know the potty humor age) things to make fun of. Then, by the time he is in high school it wont be a big deal. I say go for it!!

Natalie said...

I think it's a really cool name. However, growing up Natalie Wood for 25 years did get a little exhausting. But, on the flip side, I usually only got the "jokes" and comments from people 50+...so maybe that whole "furniture" buzz will slow down by the time he's old enough to know what it is. Just a thought. Good luck!

Charlotte Varble said...

I agree with the last two, I think only older people would even recognize the name. You would think Charlotte (charlotte's web) would get made fun of a lot but I really didn't get it too much when I was younger. People mostly would say they used it to remember my name. I think Ethan Allen is cute. Although my 16 yr old brother is named Ethan and he's well...16... But I don't think that has anything to do with the name. I say if you love it, use it!

Jan.lyons said...

I think it is a great name...but don't call him by his middle name. That is a hassle, I go by my middle name. Have his first name be the name you are going to call him. Ethan Allen was a great american and anyone should be proud of a distinguished name. He was flamboyent and not afraid to stand up for his beliefs. He was strong and independent. A leader who thought of others...it is a great name.

Melissa said...

We actually have some friends that named their little boy Ethan and their last name is Allen too. I have to admit it is funny thinking Ethan Allen but I love the name Ethan.

Leslie said...

I have no idea who you are, but I was checking out the links on Andy and Melissa Rose's blog and found this. My son is 1 year old, and we named him Ethan Louis Allen. People think we are weird, but I tell them he was a very famous general, with great ideals, courage, and strength. So, I feel that it is a GREAT name!