I know I haven't blogged in a while- I am still recovering from our whirlwind Thanksgiving Break. Whew! On Wednesday morning we headed to St. George. We made a few stops along the way and got to Grandma's and Grandpa's in good time. Grandpa was setting up his Christmas lights and was so excited to show us all. Later that night, we had a belated birthday party for Abby and Taylee (my neice) who both celebrated birthday's earlier in the month. Then we were surprised by Chantel & Jake who told us they wouldn't be able to make it down for Thanksgiving. It was so fun to have the whole family there. I love my family! There is 21 of us now and my July there will be 23 of us! So crazy! We woke up Thanksgiving Morning and the boys went to play Football. Jared, Brad, Devan, and Aaron went. Jake wasn't feeling well and my dad didn't go either- so those of us who were home watched the Thanksgiving Day Parade. Then we got going on the food. Ahhh- Thanksgiving Dinner. Always so many wonderful foods. Foods that bring back memories! I loved Thanksgiving. We were all pretty stuffed and so we decided to hold off on pies for a while.
We played games, napped, ate more and enjoyed each other's company. Early the next morning (Friday) Jake and Chantel had to hurry back to SLC. Jared and I had to leave early with the family and head to Vernal. :) Jared and T Minus 5 had a show for Holly Days in Vernal. We went up on I 15 to I 70. We went through Richfield, Salina and then headed North and went up through Ferrin, Castledale, Huntington, Price and then up to Duschene and then East to Vernal. It was a 6 1/2 hour drive and we were ready to be out of the van.
We stayed in a cute little bed and breakfast in Vernal and although it was small, worked just right for our little family. Jeff & Renee Petersen stayed in the B & B with us too. The other T Minus 5er's stayed at the Best Western Dinosaur Inn.
The guys sang 2 sets and after the first set, our kids were done. I took them back to the hotel to warm up and then to watch a movie or something. We had fun and the kids were just about asleep when the fireworks went off. Oh well, it was fun.
The next morning, we got up early, went to Breakfast at Betty's and then booked it home so we could decorate for the parade.
Ogden has a light parade every year and the Boys and Girls Club Choir had a float. We had to decorate a float with lights. Nicki Bingham, my friend, came and helped us be creative and decorate. It turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself. Nicki has pictures so when I get them from her- I will post them.
It was a fun week- but I'm pooped. Ready for 2 weeks of sleep. Anyone wanna take my kids?
2 comments:
We drove by on thursday night cuz we heard your dad's lights might be up. everyone was out working on them, but we didn't stop. i can't wait to see the finished product. that was so fun last year. glad you had a fun holiday. how are you feeling???
Thanks for driving by his house- we were all trying hard to get them working... last i heard, they were up and going!
I feel great! Starting to regain a little bit of energy... not much but some! Thanks for asking!
Post a Comment