Friday, October 31, 2008

First Doctor Visit

Today was my first doctor visit. I went in around 9:15am and got in with the doctor about 9:30am. She was laughing and couldn't believe I was in there again. I know- it's still a shocker to me. She went to do an ultrasound and if you are less than 12 weeks in that office- they do the ultrasound the V way. (I refuse to say the V word.) :) They didnt see anything. Nothing. No fetus, no heartbeat, nothing. I didnt know what to do or think- They sent me to the hospital to get another blood test done. And after I did that I was to go back to the Dr's office. She was pretty sure that I had an etopic pregnancy meaning I would need surgery today.
Well- I went and did the blood test, and then went back to the doctor's office and sat for an hour waiting for the test to come back. When it finally came back- it said I was for sure pregnant. So my doctor did another V ultrasound to check again- while the nurses in the office called the hospital's big ultrasound department to have me go there to check and make sure it was an etopic. Once again, she saw nothing. Absolutely nothing. We began talking about my options and I said- how about we check by doing an ultrasound on my stomach. Just to make sure. She said, we can do that but I am almost 100% sure we will see nothing. So she did it on my stomach and sure enough- THERE was the the little babe! Way up by my ribs. I didnt have to go get another ultrasound, I didnt' have to have surgery- (on Halloween? no way!) and all is well. Although I am not as far along as I thought I was- which always seems to be the case with me. They will really watch me this time- because of all my issues with Gracie. All will be well. I called Jared periodically- just so he knew what was going on and Later, Jared told me that he and Logan knelt and prayed that all would be well with me and the baby. I seriously felt the peace and love from our Heavenly Father that I knew whatever happened would be for the best.
Thank Heavens for Answered Prayers!!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! That is really crazy and scary. I am glad that everything is okay and they were able to find the baby. Way to follow the prompting of the Spirit with your suggestion! Yay for no surgeries!

Jason+Lindi said...

OH, Shan, I am happy that all is ok! I can only imagine what you were feeling during the waiting time! SO when are you due? Congrats again.

Shannon Allen said...

They say June 5th is my due date!

Mikael and Danyelle said...

I am doing really well! How are you? have you been sick at all? I am really excited for you! Everyone keeps telling us we need to have another baby, but I don't think I am ready yet, but who knows, maybe. Your family is so cute!

kanddgregory said...

Girl, you are a crazy one! Four kids now! I can't believe it. Your hands will be so full. How far apart will gracie and the new one be? Like Twins?

Megan said...

How precious is Logan!?! I'm SO glad everything worked out, what a scare!

Heidi-n-Scott said...

Wow! That is really crazy. I'm sure gald that they found the baby! We'll pray that everything else goes okay. Love you guys!

LisaJ said...

How scary! I'm sure you were very worried. I'm glad things are ok.

Chantel said...

I'm so glad everything is OK. My sister has a June 5th due date as well.