In the Book of Mormon we read in 2 Nephi 5:27 And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness. And it made me think. I am living in the manner of happiness? Am I really happy? What makes me happy? I thought I would list a just a few of the things that make me happy.
- My Parents. I truly have been born of Goodly Parents. They taught me, inspired, instructed, and influenced me. When I think of them- I think of good times and memories that we share. I sure love my parents.
- My Brothers. I am sure that my brothers will be in shock that I am writing about them... but they also make me happy. They each have been an influence on me and they take turns being my favorite. I am blessed to have great brothers.
- My SISTER! I prayed for so long to have a sister. We are 11 years apart but she is really one of my best friends. She is so talented and so beautiful. She is wonderful with my kids and I am so grateful for her.
- JARED!!! My life honestly wouldn't be complete without Jared. He is the love of my life and he makes me laugh. When we were first married- people often commented that we (Jared and I) must laugh all the time. We really do! I am so grateful for a wonderful husband who not only supports me but our family and does everything he can to provide for us. Jared is my rock and my best friend. I am so lucky to be married to my best friend!
- Abby, Logan and Gracie. These 3 little munchkins make me so happy. With the little things they do every single day, it brings happiness to my heart. I love there smiles, their hugs, their jokes, their humor, their love for others, their sensitivity and most of all I love that they love me. I am so blessed.
Happiness is knowing who I am and where I came from and where I go from here. Happiness is knowing that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church on the earth today. We are led by a modern day prophet who has direct communication with our Heavenly Father. The priesthood is on the earth today and the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. Happiness is being a small part of it all.
What makes you happy? What makes your heart smile?
2 comments:
You made me happy with this post! Wonderful reminders of what is really important. Your testimony is as bright as is was on the mission. Love Ya!
I loved this post! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. Your kids make me happy. :) They are always smiling and having fun. They always make my day a little bit better when I come home from work and see them outside playing. They are all so cute. Thanks for your good example!
-Heidi
Post a Comment