When I was little, my Mom's side of the family would have our family reunions in a small little town in the mountains called Midway, UT. We rented a cabin and would spend hours and hours playing with cousins, making up little dances, doing skits with our families and having a good time. I remember loving to go to Midway. It was a haven a place that I always remembered as a small town that was fun to visit. Now- Fast forward a lot of years. Here I sit in Midway UT in a resort called the Zermatt. This place is huge and has conference centers and pools and tennis courts and lots to see and do. I'm here as a guest. I'm here because a company booked my husband and his group to sing at their corporate event. I'm here with my 3 kids and they are here to watch the Disney Channel and Toon network. (something that we dont have at our house.) Being in Midway brings back floods of memories of my childhood, of families of times together being young. It reminds me of the importance of families and how it is important to have a good relationship with my spouse. It reminds me that I love the mountains and I love to spend time with my family in the beauty of this great land.
Also, while being here and going on a small walk to the ice machine with Logan, I ran into a former co-worker. That brought back floods of memories of working at Venturi Carpet Cleaning. I got the job because a dear sweet cousin knew I was looking for a job and she was working for the same company. She was in the corporate office and I was at one of the "bases". The guy who hired me was in love with my cousin and I think he would have hired me no matter what just for this cousin. I loved working in an office and doing my own thing there. I was the only girl and I liked that because I didnt have to worry about girls. I had roommates and that was enough for me. :) My boss was promoted to the corporate office and I got a new boss and with that came more responsibilites. I remember working lots of hours. My sweet cousin would bring me lunch and we would eat Beto's on the floor of the office. (not sure why we chose the floor... but we did.) So many memories of working at the carpet cleaning business. But the guy I ran into today was at the corporate office and he was in charge of the Call Center. We got to know each other as he would have some of his people call me to practice and I tried to help him figure out what info they needed to capture when making the calls. Thinking about Venturi brings a ton of names to mind too- Alan, Dan, Bo, Kevin, Darrell, Karen, Darlene, what's his name that took care of the trucks and was really greasy and slimy and goofy but the nicest guy- and so many faces that I can't even start to name them.
Wow. Sorry to take you on a trip down Memory Lane but that is how my morning is going so far.... Full of memories.
3 comments:
Aahh...memories! That place was almost magical at times when I think of the personalities that combined there and the interesting and crazy experiences we had. I ran into Nicki on Friday, remember her? She was the office manager for the corporate office for a time, back when we were still in the old building. Remember Joe Fox? The nice greasy mechanic who never washed his hands before diving into the pizza was Rob. Good times. I'm glad that we were able to work together. It is so fun sharing memories.
Do you remember the song we made up a dance to up in Midway? Every time I hear "Glory of Love" by Peter Cetera I think of the dance we did. Oh, we were great choreographers weren't we?
Well, this is probably the longest blog comment in the history of blogging so I will stop for now. Have fun reliving the memories! Maybe between watching cartoons and swimming you can teach Abby and Logan a dance or two.
It is so good to write down these memories so your kids in the future know how you felt about things, and life before Jared.
Sounds like fun!
Post a Comment