We went camping to Willow Flats up near Franklin and Preston Idaho this past weekend. We left on Wednesday the 23rd. Only about 5 miles out (between Smith & Edwards and Willard), we had a blow out on the truck. Jared called lots of people to help out and David, his nephew, came to our rescue. David picked up Jared and the two kids and took them back to our house to pick up some tires. Then they came back to where Gracie and I were at the truck. They discovered that the rims did not fit the truck- so David and Jared took off again and went to Brigham City Wal-Mart where they fixed it and then came back to us in the truck. Meanwhile- it was a long few hours in the truck but we survived. Finally- we got on the road and headed to Willow Flats. When we got there we were surprised to find Case and Dawn! They came all the way from Colorado to come camping with us! It was so fun to see them! We got all set up and by that time Maurie and her family were there as well as Kari and her family and then even Nell and her family came.
The next day (24th) there was hiking to the spring, a baseball game, lots of food, playing in the creek and lots of fun. Can we say Spaghetti Noodle fight? Nell and her family left that night. On Friday the 25th, there was more good food, more baseball--remember the bathroom smell?-- playing in the water, relaxing, card games and lots of fun. Kari and her family and Maurie and her family left too. Kari took Logan and Abby home with her- so the last night was just Case, Dawn, Jared, Gracie and I. We played Phase 10 and laughed so hard-- even other campers commented on how hard we were laughing.
We had a great time, but we are glad to be back, to take a shower and enjoy air conditioning!
4 comments:
Camping is so fun! I think it is one of my favorite things ever. Change of subject, I have to tell you, I love all your side bar links! I have found such cool stuff from your blog. Thanks.
Camping is always such an adventure! When you talked about laughing I remembered that I love and miss your laugh.
What fun, blown out tire and all. Can I tell you that I am very proud of Jared for missing TM5. I think they all need to do that once and a while. Family first right? HAHA
Sweet Pickles what a good time. SURPRISE! Case has a few picts, he'll send to you soon.
Loves!
Post a Comment