Thursday, June 19, 2008

Positive

Positive?
No. I am not pregnant. I googled Positive Images and this is what I found. It made me laugh.
How do you stay positive when everything around you is filled with Negativity? I am on a quest to find out how to stay positive and be happy when we live in such a negative world.
What do you do?

7 comments:

Shannon Allen said...

Ok- you non commenters--- I know you have at least one way to be positive! Jodie B and I were talking and she says she looks in the mirror and says she is beautiful everyday and that helps her have a positive outlook on herself. I try and say "I'm a good Mom" to myself when I am punishing my kids. Cheesey I know. What do you do?

alaynamarriott said...

Okay I about pee'd my pants when I saw that pregnancy test!!! That was hilarious....ROFL! Oh Shannon, you are so positive. You have no need to worry. I try so hard to stop my spiraling negative thoughts as quickly as I can, because the second I let one negative thought enter.......it's downhill from there. My favorite thing to do at night before I turn the lights off (on really negative days), is to look around my house at EVERYTHING I've been blessed with. I start out thinking of the physical worldly posessions (simply because it's usually 'worldly things' that start me on my negative thinking path), and before long I'm in tears thinking about ALL the family, friends, and blessings in my life. Then I think of all the people who have so much less, and it makes me so grateful to be where I am. I hope you are having a happy day!

Chantel said...

Funny! That pregnancy test really got me but only because we have so many negative ones around here. I think i'm going to have to tape up a picture of that one just so I see a positive one every now and then!!! Infertility sucks.

Anyway how to I stay positive... one word NAPTIME!!!!! No one tells you before you have kids you'll spend their entire waking hours trying to get them back to sleep. Oh how I live for naptime. This is why I'm so crazy on the days I go to the office because I work during naptime and don't get my much needed rest!!!

Lorena said...

WOW! That test really freaked me out when I saw it...not that 4 kids 4 and under is bad or anything...some people do that...not that I know anyone personally who did that...or I do...ME!

Charlotte Varble said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlotte Varble said...

I've learned that being positive is a constant choice. When negative things come my way I just think, ok I can take this negatively and be stressed or I can find the positive in it. For example, money... I am learning to be frugal (?) and be truly thankful for the food I eat, the house I live in (and will live in) and that I have money to pay my bills- that's a blessing. Trials... I am becoming more humble and obedient to Heavenly Father's plan for me because I need Him to get through it. He also teaches me vital attributes such as patience, understanding, unconditional love, and reveals strength I never knew I had, which makes me a continually stronger person. Negative things seem so hard at the time but it's all about finding the positive and knowing it's part of His plan for us. Hope that made sense and helped in some way. Love ya girlfriend!! (I posted a comment but it didn't sound right so I deleted it and made a couple changes to make more sense, hense the deleted comment) :)

Justin and RaeLyn said...

Stop watching tv and the news on Tv.