Monday, June 9, 2008

My Dad's Poor Eye


My Dad had eye surgery a week ago. My Dad has had more trama to this poor eye that anyone could ever imagine. About 25 years ago, he had a cornea transplant in that eye. Then about 8 1/2 years ago he was playing basketball and someone accidentally poked him in the eye. The pressure was so hard that it blew out his iris, detached his retina and the lens inside the eye fell out onto the basketball floor. He was taken to Salt Lake for surgery and got it put back together. His Iris has never been the same in that eye. Then he had to have a buckle put around his eye to hold it all together and now he just had this surgery.
Thanks to the power of the priesthood, everything came out okay and he is doing well.
I love ya Dad.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Ouch! I hope everything goes well from here on out :)

Jason+Lindi said...

yuck! I hope he gets feeling better!

Are You Serious! said...

♡ Oh my gosh! That makes my eye hurt for his!!! I'm glad things are working out! The Priesthood is such a wonderful blessing!

THanks for coming by my blog! :)