Am I the only one out there that gets annoyed? In my little family, I think I am the only one. I don't think Jared gets annoyed and I think my kids are tooo little to understand what being annoyed really is.
The dictonary describes ANNOYED as "to mild disturbance caused by an act that tries one's patience" Some other words that describe annoyed are : Irritate, Bother, Irk, Vex, Provoke, Aggravate, Peeve and Rile.
Right now this morning I am irritated, bothered, irked, vexed, aggravated, peeved and riled up. Yes, you guessed it, I'm annoyed. We are supposed to leave today at 9 am to head to Tremonton to pick up Abby who has been staying up with her grandma. Also, Jared and his brothers are going to do some work around the yard and stuff for his mom. Looking at my clock right now it is 841am and Jared is still in bed!! Now, I can understand the need for sleep and all of that, but what I can't understand is why we are always late. Church, appointments, gatherings, anything that has a time- we are late! I don't like being late. I really get annoyed when I am late. It doesnt bother me if anyone else is late, but I hate being late! Besides, Abby has been up there all week and I miss the little girl!!
Other things that really ANNOY me-
* Being in debt. I hate hate hate being in debt. I wish we had all the money we needed to pay our bills and get by without having to go into debt. It frustrates me and gets me angry every time Jared and I discuss finances.
* No communication. I hate when Jared goes into his quiet mode and won't talk. It's almost like he is depressed and holding it all in. If it was me, I would need to talk it out to feel better. Also, when someone doesnt like what I am doing and has a problem with it, I wish they would come to me directly and communicate with me instead of going to others before it gets to me.
*Kid's fighting. I love my kids with all my heart and it makes me so angry when they fight each other. They need to be the best of friends. Granted, I wasnt best of friends with my brother just younger than me- but I wish we were better friends.
*Dinnertime. Nothing aggravates me more than when I have spent an hour or so making and preparing dinner and then when it's on the table all I hear from my family is- "I'm not hungry." That really gets me.
Ok- sorry to be on a soapbox. It's 850am and Jared is still asleep. Of course, I am up and ready, got Gracie ready, made a salad and have done a batch of laundry. It's time to go jump on him to get him up... Yes. Logan is still asleep too- he takes after his dad.
5 comments:
No, you're not the only one...
Thank you for being so honest. I really appreciate hearing about not so good days that other people have- to know that I am not the only one with struggles. Good luck.
(You). This is my online hug. No your not the only one who gets annoyed. It's always better to let things out than to hold them in. I hope you feel better now.
:)
Oh Shannon I love you! You are by NO means the only person who gets annoyed. You are so smart to open up and talk about what annoys you. It is so good to hear that I'm not the only one with 'normal' tendencies. (Now I'm desperately trying to think about what I said to someone else, that has now made it's way back to you, lol!) Hope things are going better for you!
Post a Comment