THREE?
For those out there who have 3 kids-
I want to know details on how you do it.
How do you keep your 2 older ones off of #3 so she can sleep? How many times do you have to tell them to not touch #3? How many times do you tell them to leave the swing alone? Or, let's kiss her on her head not her eyes? Or, to be a little quieter during naptime? Or, Will you pick up your toys off the floor?
Yes- today I've been overwhelmed by the #3.
Any suggestions?
6 comments:
I have no idea, but I am excited to hear the responses... I will store them away for the future!
For the quiet at nap time it is all about the noise maker by homemedics. It has been a life saver and we never leave home with out it. Now all three seem to be able to sleep through anything even the Tornado Weather warning in my bedroom.
While we are on the topic....how does a mother handle one child? Not complaining....just curious. I do love my handsome little man.
Um...we kind of got outnumbered from the get-go.
Just take it one day at a time. The family is just adjusting to this new member.
I know it is overwhelming, so when you need to, take a few minutes alone in the bathroom, with the fan on so you can't hear what's going on outside.
Call or email me and we'll talk.
I also spent to 70 or so dollars on the noise maker with number 3. It is amazing what a difference it makes. As for everything else I'm still saying all this things but I promise you will feel normal again and get into a groove. It is a huge adjustment and your still getting your strength back. I also have no patience when I'm tired. When little Gracie starts sleeping it will feel better. Love ya!
If it makes you feel any better, we're still adjusting to number three ourselves! So I can tell you in fact that it at least takes 9 months (but probably more!) to work out all the details. :)
A few tricks we've found about sleeping/quiet time is to give the older two different options for "quiet" activities during naptime like coloring, reading, or watching a movie. I also try to herd them downstairs while Aaron is napping upstairs.
Ethan and Noah would maul (spelling?) Aaron when he was born: touching, poking, kissing, etc. I tried to remind myself that if it didn't make Aaron cry (and sometimes it made him laugh, which I didn't understand) I wouldn't make a big deal of it. It's their way of bonding with the baby I think.
And I'll be anxiously reading other posts for suggestions on keeping toys off the floor. Something about adding a third to our family turned our boys into mini-tornados I swear! :)
Good luck, and hang in there! It DOES get easier, I promise!
Post a Comment