Many of you know I have an addiction- it's called... CHOCOLATE. Easter time always has my favorite chocolate of all time. Cadbury Mini Eggs! Have you tried them...???? They are to die for! I found the cadbury mini egg blog on Candy Blog- Here is the info on these wonderfully delicious desireable treats. http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/item/cadbury_mini_eggs/
Cadbury Mini EggsName: Mini Eggs
Brand: Cadbury (mfd by Hershey’s)
Place Purchased: Sav-On
Price: $.50 (on sale)
Size: 1.5 ounces
Calories per ounce: 140
Type: Chocolate
Rating: 10 out of 10
-->
Brand: Cadbury (mfd by Hershey’s)
Place Purchased: Sav-On
Price: $.50 (on sale)
Size: 1.5 ounces
Calories per ounce: 140
Type: Chocolate
Rating: 10 out of 10
-->
Many other holiday candies are just different packaging for regular candies. Really, what’s so Christmassy about red and green M&Ms or Peppermint Patties in red and green foil? Cadbury Mini Eggs stand as one of those candies that aren’t sold any other time of year and as much as I’d like them to be, I treasure them when I see them in a way that I might not if they were as ubiquitous as M&Ms (whatever color they might be).
Cadbury Mini Eggs are unique. While there are plenty of other candy covered chocolates ala M&Ms, the Hershey’s Eggs, Kissables, Jots and other imitators. There’s nothing else like the Mini Eggs, Cadbury doesn’t make a candy covered chocolate bean. They’re even oddly shaped, irregular, more like little rounded cones than eggs, they’re just such satisfying shapes.
What sets them apart from other chocolate candies at this time of years, first and foremost, is that they contain Cadbury chocolate. Cadbury is rather milky tasting, and certainly very sweet. Then it’s all cloaked in this amazingly odd slightly sanded, matte shell. The shell is crunchy and has slightly cool feel in the mouth. You can dissolve it away to get to the chocolate centers, or you can crunch the whole thing together for a sweeter burst.
The colors are even a little less common. Because of the matte finish the yellow, pink, blue and white morsels look like chunks of colored chalk and even have a slightly chalky feel when you first put them in your mouth.
Here’s the big surprise, when I turned them over to see where they were made it said “manufactured by Hershey Foods Corp under license from Cadbury, Ltd.” How long has that been going on? Um, since 1988 ... jeeze, shows you how much I pay attention!
UPDATE: New for 2007! Cadbury Royal Dark Mini Eggs ... hmm.
6 comments:
I love 'um too! Though I swear that I found a Christmas kind this year...
yum! love it that you can have so much to say about chocolate!
My addiction is Peeps. I like to leave the package open and let them get a little hard. I know, it's gross :)
MMMM... cadbury eggs are the chocolate symbol of Easter. I love them too, although this year I will not be able to endulge. I've discovered Lily has a sensitivity to the stuff, gassy and cranky. No thanks, not worth it!
Oh man, they are my favorite too! I could down a bag in minutes! :)
Lets do it together sometime....well, we could share. :)
I totally agree! Dane and I buy these by the truckloads...I pointed them out with my WW slider once, and that totally depressed me.
Post a Comment