Monday, March 31, 2008

How I hope to live my life...........




i don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, & with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. i want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. i want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing sister schenck's lawn. i want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. i want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. i want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks & tears of a friend on my shoulder. i want the Lord to know i was really here & that i really lived.
-marjorie pay hinckley

3 comments:

Aurora's Babble-On said...

I've read this before and it is very meaningful. You know me...I'd rather help than hinder. ~Loves

Beth said...

someone read this in r.s. the other day. It really touched me. I might steel it for my blog!

Lorena said...

So awesome...I am teaching R.S. in a couple of weeks...might have to borrow.