
Last night, I set my alarm clock for 4:30 am in order to get up, showered, ready and be to to hospital at 5:30am. The excitement was all we could talk about! I was awake every 1/2 hour counting down the hours.... and then at 4:00 am I received a phone call from Ogden Regional Medical Center Labor and Delivery telling me that they did not have any beds available for me to come at 5:30 and that baby's were falling from heaven. There was no room in the inn for me or my baby! I hung up and felt so dissappointed! Jared asked if it was still going to happen today and I said I didnt know.... he suggested I call back. So, I did. They have 7 people to discharge today and then I should be good. The nurse said, we will call you when we are ready for you to come in. Don't call us. In the meantime, don't eat or drink anything.
Devastated, I hung up and wanted to cry. I couldn't go back to sleep now- I was so frustrated. I have only been ready to have this baby for the last week, been on bedrest, got the flu, starved myself and now I just had to wait. How depressing!
Good news- I did just get off the phone with the hospital. I'm going in at 2pm and my cut time is 4pm. Better late than never.
5 comments:
Yay, we are excited for you and hope that everything goes well. We had the same thing happen to us. I had an inducement day and at the last minute the hospital called and said there was no room. Luckily we still ended up getting in that day because some people were discharged. Post pictures ASAP.
Congratulations, Good Luck, and all that stuff! I'm so excited for you! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!
Whew! If only I had read your blog, instead of calling in a frantic! Congrats! Welcome little Gracie to your new home. See you next week ~Loves
Can't wait to hear!
Can't wait to see pictures! Congratulations!
Post a Comment