Today was one of those Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day's for me. It started with my cake. I couldn't believe my kids actually ate the cake that I have been DYING to eat. After I recovered from this tragedy, I walked down stairs only to discover that the basement that I had spent the entire day yesterday cleaning- was now a complete ZOO! After trying to be nice and pleasantly tell the kids that they should clean up- I went upstairs again to find that Logan didnt have anywhere to play trains- and so my front room was the designated Train Station. Trains were everywhere!!!! I was starting to lose patience, when I went into the kitchen to get a Dr. Pepper to calm me down- I noticed that the fridge was wide open and milk was dripping down the front..... someone had spilt the milk and it was going everywhere. Getting a little more upset, I called to Abby and Logan and asked who made the mess and they both said, Not Me! So, I asked Jared if he was the culprit and of course he wasn't.
I then sent the kids outside to play. It was a nice day today and the kids could ride their bikes or swing, or even play in the treehouse! As I am cleaning up milk, on my hands and knees- I hear the screeching of tires. I am sure that one of the kids had crossed the road on their bikes (like I have asked them not to--) and I am sure that they are seriously injured. Come to find out, it was on a different road so it wasn't my kids.... but they were laughing as they crossed the road, back and forth. Our road is rather busy- with some people who do not slow down at all. I get after the kids and remind them that I have asked them a million times to stay on our side of the street and not go across on their bikes. I come inside and Jared is still working. I get frustrated because I am doing all the disciplining.....and I lost it. I started to bawl and I couldn't stop. What a day! Jared put the kids in bed for me at 7 pm and I ate icecream while he is gone singing.
1 comment:
At least you had half the cake left over! I can imagine the munchkins gorging themselves and enjoying the cake! Hee hee! You had a VERY busy day Shannon. Wished I could come over and give you a BIG HUG....and eat some cake too!
Post a Comment