Wednesday, October 24, 2007

German Chocolate Cake Day

9am Call it a pregnant thing or whatever you want- but I am craving a German Chocolate Cake! My mom usually makes this cake for birthdays or a special occasion- but I've decided today is the day that I am going to attempt to make my very own cake.

I have never made it before and I'm a bit nervous- but with the love and support from my family- I am going to attempt it.
1pm Have baked the cake part. Waiting for it to cool and then I will make the frosting. I left the cake alone for 20 minutes and I came back to discover...................... that half of it had been eaten by two little brown cake faced kids!
Needless to say, I made the frosting from scratch and it was okay- but isnt pretty--- so it isnt even going on this blog. :)

2 comments:

Aurora's Babble-On said...

Yummy! Enjoy making the cake today. Will you make the authentic recipe or Betty Crocker's? Either way, I'm sure the cake will only last a day! Delicious stuff.

Lorena said...

Looks yummy!